Yes, boxing. I'm devoting an entire post to boxing! Mr. K has never been more proud...
This is the first club Geoff trained at...Coach Hal was hosting the fights.
I should probably add here that the guy standing next to me actually did get blood splattered on him from the ring! I looked at Geoff and said, "I swear, if I get blood splattered on me...I"M OUTTA HERE!!! :)




We watched about 15 fights and it was fun because Geoff has boxed with two different clubs that had fighters, so we knew TONS of people there. It was definitely not "our" (I mean my) circle of firends, but we (I mean I) felt pretty cool walking in and getting so many hellos. I mean, Geoff hasn't even had a real fight yet, and he get respect from all these guys because he hits them so hard in practice matches :) Not kidding!!
Everytime I see his coach, James, he asks me, "You ready to let him fight yet??? Is he ready???" My answer is usually something along the lines of "Well, we already took the wedding pictures, so I'm not as worried about crooked noses now...." I like his coach so I'm pretty confident he would put Geoff in a fight he would win, but I'm sure I'll be asking for prayers for MY nerves that week :)
Apparently its embarassing to have your wife snapping pictures of you at a boxing match, but he was pretty patient with me...
Hanging with some of his guys...
So Geoff's coach, James Irish, is the one on the far right and, oh ya, he is THAT slick ;)
Because I survived the night so well, I was allowed ONE posed shot...ONE.
Ahhhh. . . Shayla you are so brave!! We would definitely want to come to Geoff's first fight, but I think I might watch with my eyes closed :)
ReplyDelete