Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lucky for Him...

I thought this was very sweet marriage advice, and wanted to pass it along to all of you...


(Darn dimples always kill my "angry" face!)
(Yes, we love each other THIS much :)



"On her Golden wedding anniversary, my grandmother revealed the secret of her long and happy marriage; 'On my wedding day, I decided to choose ten of my husband's faults which, for the sake of our marriage, I would overlook,' she explained. A guest asked her to name some of the faults. 'To tell the truth,' she replied, 'I never did get around to listing them. But whenever my husband did something that made me hopping mad, I would say to myself 'Lucky for him, that's one of the ten."




(Roderick McFarland, in Readers' Digest, 1992)





"Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense" -Proverbs 19:11

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I heard this a while back and forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great advice! I will have to use this myself.. :)

    ReplyDelete