Wednesday, July 28, 2010

God Works Through Good Recipes

Monday evening, I decided I was going to find a recipe in which I could use the de-thawed chicken and fresh basil I had on hand. I search...and searched the internet for a recipe that wouldn't require a $20 grocery run, but nothing came up. Disappointed, I gave up my search and headed over to my recipe file to pull out a chicken enchiladas recipe. As I pulled out the folder, this beauty fell to the floor...


Isn't that AMAZING!?!? You see, Monday was a rough day. I was emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted. AND I had been grumpy with Geoff before he left for a meeting. Sooo...here on my floor is a recipe for "Chicken in Basil Cream" (which I had EVERY single ingredient for) that says "Geoff Really Likes This!!!) Whooohoo!!!! Redemption through recipes :)
Too top it off, my wonderful husband came home with a dozen roses to brighten my day. I <3> Him!
By the way, Chicken in Basil Cream is Delicious and super easy!! As my mother in law said when I called to thank her for the recipe..."Sweetie, Sometimes God even works through good recipes"

2 comments:

  1. pretty sure I didn't know you had a blog!!! Adding you to my list my dear! Can't wait to see all that is going on!! Loves to you!
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started it!! THanks for being my first comment!!! :) I love that a blog can be my journal and scrapbook all rolled into one easy upload cause I definitely am not disciplined enough to do either of the other two!

    ReplyDelete