Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes/per batch
Yield: 18-21 large pies or 33-38 medium (I would cut this in 1/4 unless you are making for a big batch of people!)
For Cookies-
Ingredients:
3 c. sugar
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
4 large eggs, room temp.
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tbs vanilla
6.5 cups of all-purpose flour
2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa)
1.5 tbs baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 c. milk (I used whole)
Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350. Lightly grease baking pans.
Cream butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes (paddle mixer reccomended). Add eggs, beating each well. Add vegetable oil and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients. With mixer on low, gradually add a little milk and a little dry mix until fully mixed and smooth.
Using an icecream scoop, place batter of baking sheet 2" apart and bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks and wait until completely cooled to add filling.
For Filling-
Ingredients:
1.5 c. butter
1.5 c. vegetable oil (or shortening)
9 c. powdered sugar
4 c. marshmallow cream
4 tbs. milk
1 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb hard peppermint candies
Directions:
Combine and beat first 7 ingredients until fluffy.
Crush unwrapped peppermint candies in a plastic bag with a hammer or meat tenderizer. Sift peppermint candy dust into filling and place large pieces aside for garnish.




Hi Shayla,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog. I wrote back there, but didn't know if you'd look at it again. Thanks for telling me about girl talk. I check it every once in awhile, but not consistently. I'm going to head over and look at it.
And, I love all things pepermint. I'll have to check out this recipe next year.